Do you need to sell your house fast in Raymore? It important that you understand the options available to you. There is more than just one way to sell your Raymore home. In this post, we will dive into two of the most popular ways, so you can decide which selling option will be right for you.
Hiring A Raymore Real Estate Agent
You likely know you will have to pay your agent a commission of about 5-6% if they are able to successfully sell your house in Raymore. However, there are also a number of other costs that will come into play when listing your house for sale.
- Marketing – Many home sellers want or need to utilize marketing that goes beyond the scope of their agent. This can be professional photography, virtual tours, or premium listings.
- Repairs – Even if your house is in great shape, there will likely be something that will need fixing. Whether it is a new coat of paint, replacing a leaky faucet, or patching a hole in the wall, these repairs will add up fast.
- Staging – When you list your home you will want it to look its very best. This means you should take some time to hide away the clutter and decorate it in a warm and inviting fashion. Whether or not you hire a professional stager in Raymore, making the house pretty can cost a pretty penny.
- Holding Costs – The holding costs include things like your property taxes, homeowners insurance, utility bills, and maintenance. These costs don’t stop when you list your house. In fact, keeping your house in tip-top shape can actually drive your holding costs up even higher.
- Closing Costs – As a home seller, you will usually pay somewhere around 2% of the final sale price toward your closing costs. (Note you will have these when you sell to an investor buyer as well, but we can discuss and find a way that you hopefully don’t have to come out of pocket.)
- Cleaning – Before you list and while to is on the market, the house will need to be kept clean. Many people opt to have it cleaned professionally before it is listed, maintaining the home while it is listed. You should also consider professional carpet cleaning, power washing, and yard clean-up and hauling expenses.
That said, working with an agent has the potential to get the highest price possible. Just be sure you have deducted all of the costs mentioned above to be sure listing with an agent in Raymore makes sense for you.
When you hire an agent to help you sell your house in Raymore, they will shoulder a good portion of the effort that goes into selling. That said, the process will require some of your time and effort as well. For example, you will likely have to spend time…
- Keeping the property clean and ready for those last-minute showings
- Making repairs and upgrades to the property before it hits the MLS
- Marketing the property on sites other than the MLS
- Vacating the property when someone requests to come see it
- Waiting for an offer, hoping you will get your asking price
- Reviewing offers from potential buyers
- Negotiating with potential buyers
- Waiting for the escrow process to be completed
- Dealing with inspectors and appraisers
The worst part is that you could go through all of the above, only to have the sale fall through at the last minute. If you’ve spent any time shopping for homes in the past, you’ll often see properties go pending, only to be relisted when the funding falls through.
One of the most difficult parts of selling your house with an agent in Raymore is the unknown. You won’t know if you will get your asking price, when, or if your improvements will provide returns. Not only is this stressful, but it also makes it difficult for you to plan ahead.
Selling To An Investor
It’s no secret that when you sell your house to an investor in Raymore, the sale price will not usually be as high as retail. That said, the amount you can save will more than make up for it. Most direct buyers, including kcmoHomeBuyer buy houses as-is, which means there are no repair costs to worry about. You will also not have to pay commissions, closing costs, or extended closing costs.
In most cases, we are able to close in just a few days, potentially saving you a fortune in holding costs. You won’t have to do a thing other than pack up the items you wish to keep. We will handle everything else, including any items you wish to leave behind. Working with kcmoHomeBuyer will help you sell your house in less time, offering you convenience and a fair price.
When you consider the time and the money involved with working with a Raymore real estate agent vs. selling to a local investor, your idea of how to most efficiently sell your house may change. Just be sure to do your homework and check out your investor buyer as not all can close in a week to 10 days or sooner.
Learn more about selling your house with a Raymore real estate agent vs. selling your house to a trusted, local, investor! Give us a call or send us a message today! (816) 800-9044
On top of the process every step of the way
Great experience. I was selling my fathers house. Very glad he sent a letter. The house was dirty, it was stinky, it was packed with junk. I just didn’t want to deal with it.
I called Scott as well as several of the ads I found on google for people who buy houses. Scott was great, he showed up when he said he would, he listened to what I had to say. He made me an offer and left it with me so I could “sleep on it”, which gave me time to review if with my brother.
Scott was on top of the process every step of the way, making sure I was informed and knew what was going on and when we had some paperwork issues at the title company, helped me work through that as well.
If you want a hassle free sale, give Scott and kcmoHomeBuyer a call.Read Jason F.‘s review of kcmoHomeBuyer on Yelp
While we are licensed Real Estate Agents with Realty Resource, this site is maintained in an effort to purchase houses, not list them as agents. We are acting as buyers only.