As an owner of a house, you will find that you quite often have home repair and you will always have maintenance. At some point, many items will need to be replaced. This page highlights some of our articles focused on home repair and offers tips on maintenance and remodeling.
Browse our Home Repair and Maintenance Articles Below
- Yuck, Stinky Yellow Walls – Selling a Smoker’s House: Tips to Remove Smoke Residue and Get It SoldAre you faced with selling a smoker’s house? We have tips for dealing with those Stinky Yellow walls and removing Smoke Residue.
- Foundation Repair – When You Have a Broken BasementDo need extensive foundation repair with cracks similar to the one in the video above? We are going to attempt to describe how scary this looked before we spent considerable money on a foundation repair. Signs of a Bad Foundation When we first visited this house in Independence, we knew the foundation was not the … Continued
- Expensive Home Repairs – You Don’t Have to Do Them!Unless you own a brand new home, and even then you may end up facing some expensive home repairs in Kansas City. We speak with a lot of sellers that have estimates to replace a roof, or as in the case of the photo above, repair massive cracks in the foundation but just don’t have … Continued
- Four Most Common Inspection Repair Items when you sell your Kansas City HomeWhat are the most common inspection repair items when you sell your Kansas City Home? We recently had a friend who planned on selling their Lee’s Summit home for about a year. They went through the home with a fine toothcomb to find anything and everything that needed to be fixed, repaired, and updated. They … Continued
- Skip all the Hassles of Fixing a Toilet in Kansas CityIt has been the month for toilet stories and well, I decided to share a few with you while shopping at Home Depot the other day. This is more of an educational article to help you learn from the mistakes of others. And if you have a leaky toilet, PLEASE pay close attention to the … Continued
- Reasons to Skip Remodeling in Kansas City Before Selling Your HouseHow many times have you heard that in order to sell your home (quickly and for the best price possible), you have to make it perfect? That is that you must ensure that the entire household is in pristine condition. One too many times, right? Yes – and that is why you are here reading … Continued
- Calculating Your Holding Costs: Crunching Numbers in Prairie VillageTime is money and as professional home buyers, we know on every house exactly how much every house costs us every day we hold it. For every day we drag our feet figuring out what we are going to do with a property, getting bids to get the work done, hiring the right contractor, then … Continued
- 4 Major Repairs that Scare Buyers When Selling Your House in OlatheWhen you’re ready to sell, and start thinking about everything that is wrong with your house, your might consider repairs. Because you want to get the most out of your house, your desire to sell your home for a higher price may motivate you to make those repairs on your own to save money. At … Continued
- Upgrades to Avoid: What Will Turn OFF Buyers!Are you considering selling your home in Belton? If so, you might be thinking about making a few repairs and upgrades before you list it. Some changes can be lucrative, paying off in the long run. However, not all upgrades are created equal. We will let you know which upgrades to avoid! Updating and beautifying … Continued
- How to Sell a House With Unpermitted Work in GrandviewHave you been planning on making some changes on your home? Maybe replacing the roof or furnace or updating a bathroom. Possibly you need more living space and are going to finish the basement or add on a room addition. Before you start any work, make sure you or your contractors that you hire obtained … Continued
- Will My Insurance Cover the Damage on My HomeMany homeowners have some major event at their home that causes major problems and their first question is “Wil My Insurance Cover the Damage on My Home?”
- Top 10 Remodeling Projects that Add Value to your Kansas City Home
- Kansas City Spring Outside Home Maintenance ChecklistIt’s that time of year when Kansas City Metro homeowners start looking at their house and yard and developing their spring to-do list. Today we have an outside home maintenance checklist. There are a lot of items on a house that need regular maintenance to stay in good condition. Usually, basic home maintenance might be … Continued