As an owner of a house, you will find that you quite often have home repair and you will always have maintenance. At some point, many items will need to be replaced. This page highlights some of our articles focused on home repair and offers tips on maintenance and remodeling.
Browse our Home Repair and Maintenance Articles Below
- Foundation Repair – When You Have a Broken BasementDo you have a broken basement that looks similar to the one in the photo above? We are going to attempt to describe how scary this looked before we spent considerable money on a foundation repair. Signs of a Bad Foundation When we first visited this house in Independence, we knew the foundation was not … Continued
- Poor Property Inspection? What Kansas City Home Sellers Should Do.The inspection contingency in your sales contract is an inescapable reality with a traditional real estate transaction. Many Kansas City home sellers fear the unknown of what lies behind their walls or under the floor. Many Realtors will tell you the best practice for home sellers is to have a pre-inspection before getting an offer. … Continued
- Yuck, Stinky Yellow Walls – Selling a Smoker’s House: Tips to Remove Smoke Residue and Get It SoldAre you faced with selling a smoker’s house? We have tips for dealing with those Stinky Yellow walls and removing Smoke Residue.
- Upgrades to Avoid: What Will Turn OFF Buyers in Belton!Are you considering selling your home in Belton? If so, you might be thinking about making a few repairs and upgrades before you list it. Some changes can be lucrative, paying off in the long run. However, not all upgrades are created equal. We will let you know which upgrades to avoid! Updating and beautifying … Continued
- Expensive Home Repairs – You Don’t Have to Do Them!Unless you own a brand new home, and even then you may end up facing some expensive home repairs in Kansas City. We speak with a lot of sellers that have estimates to replace a roof, or as in the case of the photo above, repair massive cracks in the foundation that just don’t have … Continued
- How to Sell a House With Unpermitted Work in GrandviewHave you been planning on making some changes on your home? Maybe replacing the roof or furnace or updating a bathroom. Possibly you need more living space and are going to finish the basement or add on a room addition. Before you start any work, make sure you or your contractors that you hire obtained … Continued
- Cash Home Buyers in Kansas City Celebrate Earth Day All YearOk . . . so we are a “Day Late” but as Cash Home Buyers in Kansas City. we are not a “Dollar Short.” We observe Earth Day to the best of our abilities all year with every home we buy across the Kansas City Metro and that starts with recycling as much as we … Continued
- Will My Insurance Cover the Damage on My HomeMany homeowners have some major event at their home that causes major problems and their first question is “Wil My Insurance Cover the Damage on My Home?”
- Top 10 Remodeling Projects that Add Value to your Kansas City Home
- How To Sell A Damaged House In ShawneeIf you own a house that is in disarray or in need of repair, don’t fret. There are ways you can sell your house without having to pay for all the required repairs. If you need to sell a damaged house in the Shawnee area, our latest post will help you save time and money on … Continued